In the early part of 2017* there were some changes to the structure of Google Plus which affect what used to be called Pages, and also have an impact upon YouTube accounts. Having spent time trying to understand these changes and also find help pages, I am adding some links and information here to bookmark for myself, but also that others may find helpful.
- Google Plus home page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
- My Business Dashboard: https://business.google.com/
- Google My Business help community:
- Google+ Help community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115758385206378551362
The My Business dashboard (https://business.google.com/) and app now only manages those Brand Accounts that are Locations. These are published on Google Search, Google Maps and Google+. In other words this is how you edit what appears on Google Search and Google Maps. These are the pieces of information that you can edit:
- Opening Hours
- Special Hours
You can also add photos – a separate tab – (and customers can also add photos and reviews that will appear).
Confusingly, a location can also have a brand profile in Google+.
Brand Accounts Google+ Profile
Brand accounts had been an option in My Business but now again are managed through your Google plus account. A quick link to get there is https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts
Alternatively you can access your Brand accounts from your Google plus home page (https://plus.google.com/u/0/). Click on your icon on the top right and your brand accounts should show in the menu that appears below.
To change user roles
If you want to add other people to be able to edit information on your Brand Accounts, you will need the email address for their Google Account to add them as a user. This is also how you would add a manager for your YouTube account if it is linked to a Brand Account on Google+. Follow these steps:
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts
- Select the relevant brand account from your list
- Click on the blue ‘Manage Permissions’ button in the users section.
- Click on the invite users icon – top right of the box
- Put in the email address for their Google Account
- Select the role from the drop down list, eg manager
- Click on the invite button
Don’t forget your ‘About Me’
For you personal privacy linked to the google account that you are logged on with see: https://aboutme.google.com
Each Brand Account profile also has an ‘about me’ setting page, which you can access by opening the brand profile and clicking on the About menu item on the bottom right of the cover picture.
* Edit: Changes happened 24th Jan 2017 according to this blog post.