I’m looking for an app that will allow me to monitor what I eat and what medication I take and record symptoms I have. I’d like the convenience of adding data easily on my phone, but want to be able to properly analyse the data so reporting is important too. This is my shortlist from the many food diary apps that available. Many of them are focused on losing weight rather than getting to the bottom of allergies. I have also had to select based on those that would work on my phone (HTC Desire S Android). There were a couple that caught my eye that weren’t compatible with my phone.
A tool for people with food intolerances to help them analyze their food intake.
If you suffer from IBS, Coeliac disease, food intolerances or allergies, TheFoodLog will help you to keep track of your food intake and your symptoms, so that you can understand what your body is reacting to. If you are on an elimination diet or your doctor has asked you to keep a food diary, TheFoodLog is the perfect tool for you.
You can keep track of…
– general info
…by simply taking a picture and writing some quick notes. It’s really easy and convenient, if you’re busy and don’t want to fuzz around, quickly hit ‘add item’, take a picture, hit ‘save’… and that’s it. You can come back later when you have more time and write some additional notes like ingredients.
- Simple format makes it easy to enter information, find and edit it, then run reports and analysis
- Create custom entries for foods and symptoms in the words you use – no more scrolling through long, irrelevant lists
- Convenient auto-fill for dates and times of eating foods and experiencing symptoms
- Select level of symptoms: Mild, Medium or Severe
- App remembers your entries, making it quicker and easier to enter data each time
- Journal allows you to quickly scroll through all of your entries, showing foods and symptoms in different colors for easy identification
- Run reports to help you analyze collected data
- Report 1: View all symptoms experienced [#] hours after eating [FOOD]
- Report 2: View all foods eaten [#] hours before experiencing [Mild/Medium/Severe] [SYMPTOM]
- Save or email reports to your doctor, yourself, your personal chef – anyone!
* Daily log of food and symptoms
* Autocompletes entries to quickly enter common meals
* Search for something before you eat it to see if it might have caused you trouble in the past
* Custom categories so you can track additional things like exercise, medication, stress or anxiety level, etc.
* Export in CSV and XLS format for processing, archiving, or printing to bring to a doctor or dietitian
mySymptoms is a food and symptom diary that aims to provide insights into the possible triggers of your symptoms. mySymptoms can be used for recording, tracking, and analyzing symptoms associated with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), food intolerance, heartburn, IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), Crohn’s disease, eczema, asthma, allergies, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, headaches, bloating, or any other symptom you wish to record.
Simply record your foods, drinks, medications, energy, sleep quality, stress, exercise, environmental factors, bowel movements, and any symptoms you experience to discover insights into the possible triggers of your symptoms. The more diary events you record, the more effective the analysis becomes.
You can also provide your doctor or dietician with a clear view of your diet and symptoms plus additional factors such as medications, stress, exercise, etc. by generating a report of your diary for printing or sharing by email.
You can also use mySymptoms to aid your analysis during an elimination diet. (Always consult a licensed health professional prior to modifying your diet)
Please note that the analysis tool uses statistical methods to identify suspect triggers and does not understand your diet or specific health circumstances. It isn’t a silver bullet – it is aimed at providing insights into possible triggers to help you and your doctor / dietician as part of a broader, holistic investigation.
+ Record food, drink, medication, stress, exercise, environmental factors, and other activities and notes
+ Record any symptoms you experience (including intensity, duration, and notes)
+ Record your energy, sleep quality, and bowel movements (using Bristol scale)
+ View and modify your diary entries
+ Create and modify your own symptoms
+ Export your food diary as a HTML report for printing or sharing (note: requires SD card)
+ Add or modify your own drinks, foods, medications, exercises, and other activities
+ Add or modify meals with your own ingredients
+ Add or modify detailed ingredients to any item – food, drink or medication
+ Analyze your food diary to see what might possibly be triggering your symptoms
+ The analysis window can be set between 1 and 72 hours
+ Optionally set the date range to analyze
+ Results show a list of possible suspects for a selected symptom
+ Detailed results for each suspect includes more specific information, a histogram and trend chart
mySymptoms includes a small database of foods, medications, exercises, and environmental factors to help get you going. If you can’t find something, simply type its name in and tap the add button – it’s that simple! Once added, it’s conveniently there for future use. You can also create personalized meals containing the ingredients that you use, and once you’ve added a meal or food item, you can use it repeatedly.
People that suffer from psoriasis were always trying to monitor the condition of their skin that was directly reflected from their daily life style, food, weather & general health condition.
Due to the fact that psoriasis is affecting individually every person, Now, Thank to psoriasis diary you will be able to find your own causes of your skin inflammations and cell turnover and that will help you to find the right way to reduce your psoriasis condition.
With PSORIASIS DIARY you will make a personal photo diary of your skin, based on your daily routine acts, record them to your phone with notes and pictures, which will help you to keep psoriasis under control based on what ate, drink, or did.
Try it & control your psoriasis!